"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just a thought...



I was listening to a blogpost on Sin and the Vocations Crisis and something profound jumped out at me. There was a statement made along the lines of Christ receiving US into HIS heart. Now I never even thought of this before. It has always been the idea of receiving Him in my heart. Come to think of it, I would much rather be received into His sacred heart (such a pure and holy place indeed!) than simply to receive Him into mine, full of cobwebs and undiscovered territory (while at the same time acknowledging that I must, in fact allow Him into this dusty old mansion!). A lot of this could simply be semantics. Just as the ball is in both courts of two lovers. A giving and receiving of love. This might lead to a deeper meditation on the heart of our Lord. To be able to dwell there, rest there, to allow His holy fire of love to consume all that is impure. Not much more to say about this but the idea is powerful. May it be more than just an idea!

No comments: